Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Back in time

To a place of beautiful colours and myriad quilts and schoolrooms bathed in sunlight...






A visit to Upper Canada Village immerses you back in a time when it seemed to be more about making than doing; making things that could have just been functional as beautiful as possible, and finding beauty in function. Making a life settled quietly and comfortably in a natural surrounding, surrounded by warm light and soft colours. The furniture is smaller, the rooms seemed just the right size to me. I'm not immune to the comforts and advances of modern life, but sometimes, don't you get the feeling...it's this. This is what it's supposed to be like. This is the size of life that would fit me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that I finally got to bring you and the boys here...we should go back for Halloween! Can't wait for more family outings!! :-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete